Texas Vehicle Registration
Xổ số cho tôiThe Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV) manages vehicle registration for the state. Before you hit the road, make sure you’ve got your registration in order. If your expiration date is approaching, get a passing inspection first and then you can renew your registration online.
Register your vehicle
There are several steps to register your vehicle with the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles.
Xổ số cho tôi1. Have your vehicle inspected at a certified inspection station.
2. Show insurance coverage for the required minimums per person, per accident, and for property damage.
3. Get your vehicle registration and sticker at your local county Tax Assessor Collector office.
Renew your vehicle registration
There are several ways to renew your vehicle registration. Remember, you must have a passing vehicle inspection before you can renew.
- Online. You can renew your vehicle registration online 90 days before the expiration date or up to six months after the expiration date, if you have not received a citation for expired registration. If you renew online, you’ll receive $1.00 discount.
- Mail. Send the renewal notice, a copy of your Vehicle Inspection Report (VIR), proof of current liability insurance, and all fees to your county Tax Assessor- Collector office.
- In-person. Take your registration renewal notice and proof of current liability insurance to your county’s Tax Assessor-Collector office or an approved substation.
Vehicle registration fees
Vehicle registration fees vary based on the type and weight of the vehicle you’re registering.
New to Texas?
If you’re a new Texas resident, you have 30 days to register your vehicle.
County Tax Assessor-Collectors
Xổ số cho tôiCounty Tax Assessor-Collector offices handle most vehicle title and registration services on behalf of TxDMV. These services include:
- Registration renewals (license plates and registration stickers).
- Vehicle title transfers.
- Change of address on motor vehicle records.
- Non-fee license plates such as Purple Heart and Disabled Veterans license plates.
- Disabled parking placards.
- Copies of registration receipts.
- Temporary registration.