Texas Driver Licenses and IDs, Renewals, and Replacements
Xổ số cho tôiThe Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) offers services to renew, update, and check the status of a driver license or ID, and provides driver education courses. Whether you’re a homegrown road warrior or new to the Lone Star State, we can help.
Xổ số cho tôiAlready have a Texas driver license or ID?
Texas driver license applications
Xổ số cho tôiIf you’re new to Texas, or this is your first time getting a driver license, you’ll need to apply in-person at a driver license office. All new drivers must:
- Submit a driver license application with required documentation
- Schedule an appointment at a driver license office
- Pay the driver license application fee
- Provide thumbprints for a criminal background check
- Get their photo taken
- Pass a vision exam
- Complete and pass knowledge and driving tests from the state or certified third-party provider
Driver license and ID application requirements
Xổ số cho tôiTo get a driver license, you’ll need to have:
- Proof of citizenship or lawful presence in the U.S.
- Proof that you’re a Texas resident
- A social security number and a social security card
- Texas vehicle registration
- Proof of vehicle insurance
Xổ số cho tôiAll documents must be current and not expired. If you’ve changed your name from your birth certificate, you’ll need to bring legal proof documenting the name change.
Some drivers need extra steps and documentation for their type of application including:
- New Texas residents
- Teen drivers
- Temporary visitors and foreign students
- U.S. military veterans
Driver license fees
Driver license and ID card fees vary based on driver type, age, and if it’s new or a renewal.
Driver license and ID, renewals, and replacements
You can renew your Texas driver license or ID card:
- Over the phone
- In-person at a Department of Public Safety office
- By mail
Each renewal method has different eligibility requirements.
Driving eligibility and reinstatement fees
Drivers can log in to an online system to pay suspension fees and find out eligibility status.